Wednesday 28th of September 2022

Brain-eating microorganisms found in water in US, warning not to use tap water

१२ आश्विन २०७७, सोमबार २१:१६ 1426 Readers

Kamal Khatri (Nepal)
Brain-eating microorganisms have been found in water in a lake in the US state of Texas. Jackson residents have since been warned not to use tap water. Tests have confirmed the presence of a microbe called Naegleria fouler in the water.

According to the BBC, the amoeba can infect the brain and is deadly. Officials in Lake Jackson say they are disinfecting the water supply and do not know how long it will take to complete it.
Eight Texas communities were told Friday night not to use running water except for flush toilets.


You might also like!